Da Rules of the Tournament
No running. No diving in the shallow end. No biting. No eye gouging.
Oh wait, those are the wrong rules.
1. All brackets must be turned in by 11 a.m. (Eastern Time) on Thursday,
March 16 (for obvious reasons). We don't pick the "play-in" game in this on principal.
2. You must pick every game, as well as your guess for total points by
both teams in the championship game, for the tie-breaker.
3. Entry fee is $5, but more if you want to support
our charitable efforts. By far the EASIEST way to pay is on the
Pool's GoFundMe page, but if that is
a problem or you want to make other arrangements, just send me an Email.
For an explanation on why this is now a charity, please visit the
4. Points are awarded thusly: 1 point for first round, 2 for the second,
3 for the "Round of 16", and so on, until the championship game,
which is worth 6 points.
5. In the event of a tie, your guess for "total points in the championship
game" will determine the winner. The winner is the one with the closest
points, whether over or under (this ain't Price Is Right).
Tracking Your Progress
6. Updates will be sent via Email (so please provide your Email address) and will
be posted on this Web page throughout the tournament. Keep the "Jabin's
Charity Tournament Home Page" bookmarked so you can track your progress throughout March
7. The entire purse -- every cent raised -- will go to charity, so give 'til
it hurts people.
8. If you don't like the rules, go swim in your own pool. But seriously,
this is a friendly tournament. I'm using software to score it, so if you have
a dispute, just let me know and I'll be happy to check it by hand. Good
Rules | More Tournament Information |
Fill out a Bracket | I
have a question | Latest Standings | Latest Tournament Bracket | Last Year's Bracket | Last